Sunday, September 6, 2015

Erik's Baby Blessing

Today was an absolutely beautiful day!!!  I woke up around 7:15 and sent Dirk to our property to collect eggs while I cleaned up the house a little.  Julia was awake along with all of her kids and it wasn't long before Eli and Erik were awake.  Ivy had thrown up through the night so I left her sleeping and Emmitt hasn't been feeling so great either so he continued sleeping as well.  I was so nervous that Ivy would still be sick by the time we left for church and I didn't know what we were going to do!  Fortunately, she looked and felt better and so we took the risk and got her ready to go.

At church, everyone in Dirk's family was there accept Terance and we also had Ray and Twila, Kay and Terry and Mitch and Cindy Blackham too!  Also, Julia was there with her kids and our good friends Anna and Graysen Fox came with their girls!

Dirk gave a beautiful blessing to Erik!  Some of the things he blessed him with:
Good health physically and spiritually:
That his body and his organs would all function properly and that he would use his health to further the gospel and that he would be able to be strong against the temptations of his day.
That he'd be baptized and become a missionary to serve near and far and that he'll have the gift of preaching and sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
That he'd marry in the temple and have an eternal family.

It was kind of funny though because Barrett, Julia's boy, started hacking up some major mucus during the blessing!  He sounded like an old man (and he's 2 1/2) so it had me in tears laughing!  I couldn't hear Dirk at that point so I figured I'd just laugh.

Later, we had a luncheon at Carol and Arlan's house.  We did cold cut sandwiches and visited.  I love the time with family and friends visiting and enjoying each other's company!  Plus, I love walking over to our hosue that's being built and walking around!!!!  We are SOOOOO excited for our home!

Anyways, Erik was such a good baby throughout the entire day!  I have the sweetest babies!  Ivy didn't throw up again and Emmitt played hard, although he still has a runny nose and tonight he has the runs a bit.  Ahhh... and so is life!  I love it and am so grateful for all of it!!  The up's and the down's and all the in between's!

Much love,

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment